Monday 7 November 2011

Pump up the volume

Pumping up the volume on your life especially if you are coming out of a dark time is sometimes the kick in the ass one must give themselves.  I am no stranger to kick starting my heart and mind but I will admit that sometimes hills seem very steep.  Being "In the valley" a term coined by one of my favorite authors Iyanla Vanzant can get comfortable especially if the hill looks too steep. A negative pattern of "being stuck" can catch even the most courageous people off guard.  

I have recently been unsticking some stuff and thanks to some extremely positive people some inner knowledge I had buried came to light.

What did I do?  I remembered who I am and what I have done in the past and started doing it again.

Turn down the noise.
There comes a time where you have to tune out the noise to pump up the volume.  When your in a valley you certainly do not need people who are in a negative place themselves in your space.  The truth is your probably not good for them either. So its not about judgement its about seeking strength and positivity, or filling up your own cup if you will.  Nuture your vulnerability by surrounding yourself with people who have arrived and weathered the storm. A cheering section of strong loving people who will feed you with positivity and focus on your strength.

Stop getting hooked! (I say this knowing I have a great deal of work to do here )  There is always someone close to you who loves to remind you of what you do wrong. Simply put - SHUT THEM OUT!  First off their need to focus on what you are not doing right has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.  It has nothing to do with them loving you but more the ability to loves ones self.  We all know what we project onto others is really how we feel about ourselves so instead of getting hooked take loving space that says to them and you- were both worth more.

Take a stand for you. If your not going to no one else really can. So even if you fall 99 times a day. Get up again.


Babysteps.
  Pick a thing a day to take care of yourself better.  For me this week it was 5 am wake up and workout.  That may be too much for some to chew off , but anytime I have been in the valley it was this and only this that helped me spread my wings again!

Gratitude - When your drowning in stressful events or life changes it is so easy to forget what is good.  Do whatever it takes to focus on the good.  Signs, alarm reminders, window writers.  Slow down to speed up by just taking the time to acknowledge all the good in your life. Ignoring the good is a one way ticket to self pity. You change it on a dime once you remember this.


Time Out - The excitement of change can rev you up. My number one mistake in the past is going, going , going.  If you don't take time out you will burn out .  I have MAJOR issues with this and therefore have had many burn outs over the years that have hurt me and the people I love.  Be still, sleep all day once a month,  take a warm bath and yes meditate. Meditation is part of many highly successful peoples lives and for good reason.  It works.

Hope you enjoyed my Monday share and you have a beautiful week everyone.

xo
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment