Tuesday 27 December 2011

Don't Be Afraid of Resolutions!

 
 January 1, 2012 is the RESET BUTTON... you can reflect on what worked , what didn't, what you want more of and what you want less off..  As I spend more and more time reflecting on my personal and professional observations of Motherhood in North America I just want to see my self and other moms have more peace, more equality more room to honor our humanity . I want to see the expectations of mothers be honored and ultimately see some stuff shift .

TOP 12 things every mom should do to have more peace in her life for 2012

  1. Say No -  At the very least don't say yes right away. Think about what you can really commit too without compromising your emotional ,physical health.

  2. Practice Meditation- The most successful people with crazy lives do this to get engaged with themselves at the deepest level and manage stress.

  3. Workout everyday...even 20 minutes

  4. Set Goals for a more peaceful existence  Eg. have a calm media free room in a house, walk with nature weekly, nurture a hobby that is not about the pursuit of anything but inner peace.

  5. Do at least one thing every day that gives you joy. (My favorite is dancing with my kids in the living room. I need to do it more! )

  6. Listen to peaceful music with your children daily.  Our night time routine now includes serenity music, warms baths and candles. I can absolutely tell you it make a HUGE difference in a peaceful bedtime.

  7. Be honest with your children about your humanity.  As my boys grow older I love to share with them who I am, and why I am. I am not interested in them seeing me as a superhero who falls on my face every now and again. Rather I want them to see my commitment to growing and changing and doing better with each life lesson.
  8. Embrace people who truly support you and set clear boundaries with those who don't.   This is a tough one. It is not about them bad...you good. Different types of flowers survive in different climates. For you to grow and be your best you need to create the climate that promotes this.  You cannot please everyone and even trying too is silly.

  9. Listen to yourself. I mean really listen. Does what your doing ,saying , experiencing uplift you?

  10. Tackle something in your life that eats away at you causeing you silent stress.  What are you avoiding? Try hard to give yourself the freedom that comes with facing your fears.

  11. Create and honor community as a more peaceful way of living. Help and be helpful and create and nurture relationships with people who are on this journey. It will create ease in your life. Support is magical.


  12. Incorperate early to bed , early to rise for you and your children.  It shifts your whole family focus to health and balance. 




    December 2005
    Xo Andrea and three bears.

    November 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment